Monday, July 11, 2005

Betty's Song.


Copywrite Renee Locks, Brush Dance, www.brushdance.com

I am writing this from Telford Buddhist Priory which is in the middle of England. Rev. Saido is the monk in residence. He also functions as the O.B.C European Advisor. I have been here a week and among other things I've been transferring electronic files from 'Betty Four' to 'Betty Five'. To explain. Back in 1997 when I was Danaed (given) my first laptop I affectionately called it Betty and each successive upgrade has been named Betty. This recent upgrade is Betty Five, B5 for short. Everything has been transferred or backed up to disk now, not as perfectly organized as I would wish, however nothing ever is. Rev. Saido's help with his technical know how which has been invaluable, if not essential, to my moving computer homes. A process which I find very stressful by the way. Thank you Reverend, and thank you to the congregation at Telford. It was good to connect up with old friends and meet new ones too. And thanks to those of you who are faithfully reading this Blogger.

My sister-in-law, Pauline, pointed out the card above while I was out shopping with her in the south of England a few weeks ago. I used the text in a brief talk at my brothers Memorial Ceremony. My brothers 'song' was unique (as is the case for all of us) and not an easy one to sing. His life deeply impacted mine and lead me, eventually, in the direction of becoming a religious. I will remember him with affection and continue to sing my song, with the help of B5, in gratitude for his life.

It is now time to move on to Exeter to visit with Rev. Myfanwy at Dragon Bell Temple, first breakfast then a train ride.