Monday, April 10, 2006

Critter Magic

One of the monks sent me an email with several photos of an acrobatic bear. The antics of this resourceful creature deserve a wider audience. The photographs were originally posted here, an on-line journal based in Prince George, British Columbia.

While over on the BC coast why not visit Hornby Island where a webcam is permanently pointed at a Bald Eagle's nest. Apart from the nesting Eagle there's lots of bird song and general spring-time carry on happening in the background. While I have been watch the Eagle took off for a moment and revealed two eggs she is hatching. This is a very popular site and I am not surprised: "April 3, 2006 Here at Infotec we are counting over 2-million hits a day and an average simultaneous connection count of 5,000 viewers!"

Yes, I've had my bird song fix for the evening, definitely more uplifting than coffee and with no adverse side effects either!